Mount Rainier Parent Partnership
Dear Parents and/or Guardians,
Mount Rainier Parent Partnership (M.R.P.P.) is an alternative learning program that services students in Kindergarten through 8th grade. MRPP teachers assist parents who are desiring to homeschool their students. While you are the primary teacher, we have a certificated teacher that works alongside you to create a personalized Student Learning Plan as well as monitor your student's progress using weekly communication, monthly reporting, as well as interventions if necessary.
We offer onsite classes at Weyerhaeuser Elementary School for Kindergarten to 5th grade that is outlined to support cooperative learning and play with fellow students while following Washington State Learning Standards. We also provide field trips once a month.
If you are interested in MRPP and would like more information, please contact the Director/Teacher, Markey Sandhop.
Thank you for your interest in MRPP.
What is ALE?
Alternative Learning Experience or ALE is, according to the State of Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI), “public education where some or all of the instruction is delivered outside of a regular classroom or schedule.” Considering our small size, and creative, flexible abilities we are able to provide a diverse educational experience for our students, families, and community as a whole. With the support of ALE, families find that:
- Parents are teaching their children at home with the support of the school district
- Students enrolled in this option are students of Eatonville School District, but may live anywhere in WA State
- The support received from the district includes interaction and engagement with a certificated teacher
- The WSLP is approved, monitored and coordinated by an assigned MRPP certificated teacher on our staff
- The family and teacher must have weekly contact to discuss the content of the WSLP, both to support the parent as teacher with instructional strategies and ideas, and to insure adherence to the integrity of the plan
- The curriculum options and choices through MRPP are quite varied and broad, with a lot of flexibility
- The curriculum options must be Board approved, must be educationally sound, and must be Secular
- Options may include online courses, textbook options, and options supported by a course/content specific certificated teacher