Name: Katie HillikerDepartment: Kindergarten
Email Address: email@example.comSchool phone number: (360) 569-2567School mailing address: 24503 SR 706 E. Ashford, WA 98304Welcome to Columbia Crest A-STEM Academy . We would love you to explore what we have to offer your kinder kid and family for a wonderful year of wonder through the first year of public school.
FREE FULL DAY KINDERGARTEN
At Columbia Crest A-STEM Academy your child will:
- Explore the arts with local artists.
- Begin a learning journey in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
- Build a strong foundation in early literacy skills.
- Learn to care for our environment.
- Discover how technology helps us.
- Investigate things that make us curious with a Hands-on, project based approach
- Work side by side with park rangers and naturalists from Mt. Rainier National Park.
- Become “citizen scientists” through nature mapping with Northwest Trek.
- Enjoy partnerships with Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad, RMI Expeditions, and many more!
Our Kindergarten Program:
- Thematic learning centers and math stations rotated to integrate hands on experiences with multiple skills.
- Environmental awareness with recycling and composting
- Read Well reading curriculum, focusing on a one letter each week.
- A thematic approach based on an immersion philosophy.
- Whole child – social, emotional, language, academic, large and small motor skills, and more.
- Life skills – encouraging independence
- Age appropriate STEM exposure
Your Levy money supports equal opportunity for all kindergartners to attend all day, every day kindergarten at any of the Eatonville School District elementary schools.
- Kindergarten is a critical year for all children – a year of transition from preschool programs or home to their first formal schooling.
- Allows for more frequent repetition of instructional time, routines, and procedures.
- Offers more time to progress though a curriculum that has changed and increased through State and National mandates.
- Mastery toward Common Core State Standards.
- Developmentally appropriate environment for learning.
- Opportunities to be included in school-wide activities and family after school nights.
- Offers more opportunities to build stronger relationships-teachers with students, teachers and parents, student to student.
- Differentiation of instruction.
To enroll your student in Kindergarten you will need to provide a copy of the following:
Proof of Residency