Child Find Notice
Are you worried about your child’s development?
- Does your child have a medical disorder or birth defect that interferes with their development?
- Does the child seem to have hearing or vision issues?
- Does your child have difficulty communicating with people outside the family?
- Does your child have difficulty keeping up with other children their age?
- Does your child have concerning behaviors?
Any child, birth to five, whose family or caregivers would like more information about their child’s development can contact the Eatonville School District to receive a free Child Find Screening.
What happens during a Child Find Screening?
- The purpose of a Child Find Screening is to identify issues that may affect your child’s learning, growth, and development and to help parents identify their child’s strengths and weaknesses.
- During the screening, your child may stack small blocks, cut with scissors, draw, count, name colors, jump, and have fun!
- After the screening, someone will talk to you about the results, and you may be given suggestions, a referral for more testing, or scheduled to have skills rechecked later. You will have the chance to ask any questions about your child’s development. The whole process takes about one hour.
Where can I go for screening?
For more information and to schedule a screening in your school district, please contact:
Eatonville School District, Student Services office at (360) 879-1800.
If your family is living in a temporary situation, you may contact the district where you are currently staying for a screening.
WAC 392-172A-02040 - School districts shall conduct child find activities calculated to reach all students with a suspected disability for the purpose of locating, evaluating and identifying students who are in need of special education and related services, regardless of the severity of their disability.