SharedWork is a win for you
- SharedWork allows your employer to reduce your hours by as much as 50 percent, while you collect benefits to replace a portion of your lost wages. We use the SharedWork chart to deduct your earnings from your weekly benefits.
- SharedWork is for employees who are both permanent and paid hourly (or can calculate their salaries as an hourly wage).
- Employers must continue to pay for employees’ health insurance.
- SharedWork plans last for one year and have a maximum benefits payable amount.
- SharedWork participants:
- Do not need to look for other work.
- Must be available for all work offered by their regular employer.
- Might be eligible for benefit extensions.
- Might run out of benefits more quickly if they work fewer hours.