- July 20, 2020 Fall Update Letter from Supt. Bahr
- July 31, 2020 Dr. Chen - "It’s up to all of us to get students back in the classroom."
- July 31, 2020 Letter from Supt. Bahr with Town Hall and Survey links and information
- Survey (Closes Aug. 7)
- To read the plan from OSPI: https://bit.ly/reopeningWAschools
- 8/4 Town Hall Meeting Video Password: Townhall8/4
- September 4, 2020 Collective Message
Stay informed by frequenting the local Health Department website: tpchd.org/coronavirus.
- Will all students be provided with a chromebook?
- Will there be a more regimented curriculum than what was provided last Spring?
- Will the schools be providing lunches during remote learning?
- Is there an option to reduce high school students attending each day and alternate days, so they are attending at least 2 days per week?
- Are we able to opt out of in person learning and stay with only online learning?
- Is there a contact for special needs questions?
- How are you planning to roll out chromebooks?
- How will sports be facilitated?
- For children starting Kindergarten, how will the assessments happen?
- When school resumes in person, will students still get to do PE, Art, Music, etc?
- Are there any resources to help parents with online learning?
- Will attendance be taken daily?
- Will all instruction be online or will there be paper packets of assignments?
- When will we find out if our child will be coming into the school in a small group?
- Do we have to use the school provided chromebooks or can we use our own personal devices at home?
- Is only one platform for learning being used?
- Is there a possibility for all teachers to record their curriculum for those that are not able to participate live?
- What is the flexibility for parents to “teach” kids at home for parents that work during the day?
- Does the school supply list still apply or will there be a new supply list distributed based on the new distance learning schedule?
- What are the options for enrolling our students in another ESD program?
- What grades does MRPP serve?
- Is MRPP online or paper based?
- What is the plan for state testing if the students do not return to school?
- Will the cohort of 5 children in the classroom rotate each day so that a new set of 5 children are in the classroom the following day with a rotating schedule?
- Where can I find curriculum samples for MRPP and EOA?
- If students go back full time and ride the bus, how will that be done with social distancing?
- What will middle school and high school schedules look like?
- Will the middle school and high school be doing virtual classes daily?
- Will we be able to schedule an appointment for a “tutor” session if a parent or student is in need of more help?
- Is there a cost for EOA and MRPP?
- Will there be more live online instruction vs. a list of assignments and one or two hourly zoom meetings a week?
- How many cases have been in Eatonville?
- When and how will middle and high school students get their schedules?
- Will we have some say in who our “cohorts” are so we can coordinate family groups working together and/or transportation with our neighbors?
- Will there be a high school band?
- Will hotspots be available for families that have connectivity issues? How do we get one if provided?
- Will there be middle school band and sports info available?
- How will grades be assigned?
- How long will be doing distance learning?
- Who do I contact if I need assistance?
Where can I learn more?
- Tacoma Pierce County Health Department
- Tacoma Pierce County Health Department Resources
- Washington State Department of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Eatonville School District Health Services
- Supt. Chris Reykdal 6-11-2020
- OSPI Guidelines for Fall 2020 Reopening
- Supt. Bahr July 20, 2020 Fall Update
Pierce County Information
Educational Resource Links:
These are not specific to the Eatonville School District, but are a wide listing of companies sharing their resources for free to families. It is an entire spreadsheet of varying digital learning resources.
- Superintendent Bahr Newsletters and Updates
- Symptoms of COVID-19 from CDC
- Handwashing Guidance from the CDC
- School Classrooms Closed - Teaching is on!
- ALL ESD BUILDINGS ARE CLOSED ON 3-17-2020
- 3/15/2020 as of 9:30 p.m.
- Grab & Go Meals
- Mid-March Update 3-13-2020
- Inslee Mandate 3-12-2020
- 3-11-2020 as of 2:40 p.m.
- 3-10-2020 Update
- 3-9-2020 Update
- 3-2-2020 Update
Grading Guidance from Reykdal: OSPI Information