Food Services

Let's Move Salad Bars to Schools
Salad Bars to Schools
Eatonville School District has been chosen for a program that brings new salad bars into its cafes. Please visit the site and help support Eatonville School District and its students.

All donations are greatly appreciated and will go directly towards the purchase of the bars and an ongoing effort to provide delicious, fresh food, that looks great and entices students to eat healthily.

Please visit Salad Bars to Schools if you wish to donate!
Food Services Director
Trevor Watt


302 Mashell Ave N
PO Box 698
Eatonville, WA 98328

(360)879-1812 (fax)
Eatonville School District is reinforcing our commitment to good nutrition and healthier meals for our students. Please visit the Nutrislice menus provided on the school district webpage or through the downloadable app.

We will have signage up to remind students of the basic changes they need to be aware of.

They now must choose at least one fruit or vegetable among the three meal components they need to take for a complete lunch: but there's more to the changes that we want to share with parents. Here are the major differences:

Previously, students didn't have to take a fruit or vegetable at all, as long as they took enough other items. Now, they must choose at least one fruit or vegetable serving, and we encourage them to choose more if they like.

Students will have a greater selection and variety of fruits and veggies to choose from, too. Instead of ½-¾ cup combined fruits and veggies per day, now we'll be offering ¾ of veggies plus ½ cup of fruit per day.

We'll be emphasizing the healthiest veggies more often, with weekly offerings of healthy dark green and red/orange vegetables, as well as beans and other legumes.

Whole grains are up, all grain foods we serve will be whole-grain rich.

Bad fats are down. Meals will average less than 10% calories from saturated fat, and every item will contain zero grams per serving of trans fat.

We'll be meeting new standards for limiting sodium until we reach a final maximum of 740 mg sodium per meal on average.

Only 1% white and Fat-Free Chocolate Milk will be served

These changes will require more work and careful planning on our part, especially as we get used to the new guidelines. And the new menus will no doubt take some getting used to for our customers, too. But the end result will be healthier meals for our kids -- and well-nourished kids do better in school!

Don't Forget! Take at least one fruit or veggie and at least three menu items total so your meal counts as a complete lunch.

Any questions or concerns can be directed to the Food Services Manager: Trevor Watt at

Vegetarian options are available to upon request. Please inform the cafeteria in the morning the day you wish to purchase lunch, and it will be available for pickup and purchase during your specified lunch period.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; fax: (202) 690-7442; or This institution is an equal opportunity provider.