Hello, my name is Jessica Sotl and I am the school counselor at Columbia Crest A-STEM Academy for the 2019-2020 school year. This is my 1st year here in Eatonville but my 5th year as a school counselor. Here at Columbia Crest my role includes:
* Promoting positive attitudes among students towards self, family, peers and community.
* Assisting students in learning how school performance relates to future opportunities.
*Developing and delivering classroom guidance lessons that teach skills such as decision making, resolving conflict and respecting others.
* Working with students, parents and school staff to identify learning needs and to design interventions to enhance student success.
* Helping students to recognize and make the best of their abilities.
* Providing support during a personal crisis.
* Working with students on attendance issues.
* Coordinating referrals to outside agencies.
* Helping to create a safe and positive learning experience.
My role is to work with all students in our school. I deliver classroom lessons weekly to each grade level, work with identified students individually and run small groups on specific topics like calm down strategies, friendship, social skills and conflict resolution as needed.
Students can access me by filling out a referral slip from their teacher or asking their teacher to come and speak with me. I also meet with students per parent and teacher requests.
If you have any questions or concerns for me please feel free to reach out. Email is easiest for me or you can leave me a message on my phone. If you wish to meet in person please reach out and we can set up an appointment: