Clubs & Activities
The Sewing Club is open to students in 6th, 7th and 8th grade. It will be held once a week for two hours.
Things we will learn:
- How to use a sewing machine
- Basic sewing skills
- Hand stitching skills
- How to embellish using embroidery, crochet and knitting
- How to read a pattern, cut a pattern and use a pattern to make clothing
- How to upcycle or refashion used clothing
- and much more
You will learn basic dance techniques such as moving as a group, single turns, high kicks, spread eagles, and more. We will also be learning 2-3 dance routines to be performed at school assemblies and Community Day. NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED! Learn to dance and more importantly have fun!
Middle School Art Club will meet once a week from 2:15 - 4:00pm.
Projects to look forward to creating are:
- Constructing a house, building, cottage, space ship, etc.. construction with clay, various building materials, and lighting.
- 3D collage using your favorite Fairy tale as inspiration
- Learning sewing skills to create a stuffed animal, monster, toy, etc.. from your drawing to realization using recycled fabric materials.
- Various watercolor techniques
- Print making