What students will appreciate at Columbia Crest:
- Provide safe, loving environments where students can learn and be treated with kindness and respect.
- Enjoying real-life projects that make a difference
- Knowing why what we are learning is important
- Involving students in the process of learning
- Being a part of a group community within the classroom to grow in character development.
- A place where kids can explore the Mt. Rainier and Nisqually River environment and gain a deeper understanding of our surroundings through scientific exploration
Academic Mission: The students at Columbia Crest will
- Increase stamina with independent reading, writing, and math
- Develop expression of thinking through written and spoken words
- Develop the ability to conduct independent research using both web- and text-based resources
- Learn to speak in front of peers with confidence
- Learn to work cooperatively with partners or in groups and sometimes take the leadership role.
- Learn to have age-appropriate interactions/ relationships with others
- Be inspired with a sense of wonder of the world and people around them
- Be encouraged to reach proficiency and beyond
- Be enriched with self-confidence and curiosity using the “whole child” concept
Community Mission: The students at Columbia Crest will
- Recognize and plan for needs beyond their own
- Be involved with and recognize the contributions of our greater community
- Learn to take responsibility for their role within their community by becoming a good citizen
Our teachers embrace teaching outdoors.